Sunday, February 18, 2007

Money, it doesn't grow on trees


Just read a n article about people blogging to help reduce their debt. I too am in debt. Every time I think I am closer to being debt free or have a little extra cash... boom something expensive happens. I spent $2000 on my dog a few weeks ago... he got of my yard and was hit by a car. He was worth the money... but I had to take it out of my IRA account. It will hurt next year at tax time, but for now I can enjoy my dog curled up by my feet, and know that he is not in pain.


I should probably list my debt. I am not really sure what I am in debt with any more... I will list them and probably come back to list the amounts in a few days, as I gather my bills.


Student Loans: 13000

First Premier Master card: 400

MasterCard (moon card): 300

Old Navy credit card: 400

*Kern Fed Credit Card: 3000

*Home Depot Card: 3000

*Lane Bryant credit: 250

*Avenue card: 250

Car: $15000

*Student loan: 2000


Total: $37600 in Debt!


I did pay off two card from Capital one in the past 6 months. I consolidated most of my debt (the ones with stars) in Fall of 2005. I pay $341 per month. I haven't really kept up with the amounts to see where I am. Not smart!


I work in civil service... I am at the top of my classification and I have a BA and working on my masters... and I take home after taxes $991.50 every two weeks! I am depressed now. I don't mind having the student loan and car payment... it's the credit card debt.

No comments: